Dr.iur., M.B.L.-HSG, University Lecturer
Gerald Schmidsberger has worked as a lawyer and partner since 1998. Before gaining his licence to work as a lawyer, he also worked for KPMG.
After studying for his degree in law at Johannes Kepler University (1989-1992) and his doctorate in 1995, he completed a postgraduate degree (European and international commercial law) at the University of St. Gallen (2000-2001).
Gerald Schmidsberger was awarded the Advancement Award of the Walter Haslinger Private Foundation and the Richard Büche Prize of Allgemeine Sparkasse Oberösterreich.
Gerald Schmidsberger advises domestic and foreign companies on corporate law, in particular also on reorganisation and corporation law. He has substantial experience in the advising of national and cross-border M&A transactions. He also advises on issues of the law of (corporate) succession.
Gerald Schmidsberger gives talks and regularly publishes articles, in particular on topics relating to company law and is a university lecturer at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Gerald Schmidsberger is also a member of several supervisory boards and trustee boards of foundations.
- Advising of the main shareholder in a stock-exchange-listed German company in the disposal of a majority stake to French investors
- Advising in connection with the succession planning of a German-Austrian corporation
- Advising in connection with the establishment of a joint venture in the area of building technology
- Advising on the acquisition of a Czech bank
- Advising in connection with the refinancing of a corporate bond for EUR 90,000,000.00
- Advising on the acquisition of a majority stake in a Bosnian company as part of a privatisation
- Advising of a stock-exchange-listed company in the simplification of the group structure through several reorganisations
- Advising on the implementation of a squeeze-out at a stock-exchange-listed company